Yesterday, the State Department “quietly” warned that Syria’s nuclear weapons program “may still be in operation” and their other suspected WMDs threaten the region. In other words, the final push for another war is being sold using the same marketing strategy that’s been proven to work time and time again.
Foreign Policy magazine writes:
This week, the State Department sent a diplomatic demarche to Syria’s neighbors Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia, warning them about the possibility of Syria’s WMDs crossing their borders and offering U.S. government help in dealing with the problem, three Obama administration officials confirmed to The Cable. For concerned parties both inside and outside the U.S. government, the demarche signifies that the United States is increasingly developing plans to deal with the dangers of a post-Assad Syria — while simultaneously highlighting the lack of planning for how to directly bring about Assad’s downfall.
Syria is believed to have a substantial chemical weapons program, which includes mustard gas and sophisticated nerve agents, such as sarin gas, as well as biological weapons. Syria has also refused IAEA requests to make available facilities that were part of its nuclear weapons program and may still be in operation.(My emphasis)
Swap out the word “Syria” for “Iraq” or “Libya” and we’ve all read this press release for the business of war before. What worked for attacking an innocent Iraq worked for attacking an innocent Libya. And now it’s also being used as an excuse to destroy two more nations which have never even threatened the West: Syria and Iran.
Even the blind should notice the same trends leading to war:
- Claim the leaders are bad guys (which is not difficult because most leaders are).
- Incite, fund and arm rebels (terrorists) to lure those governments into fighting back.
- Claim the leaders are killing their own citizens (which almost all leaders do including the good ole U.S.).
- Slap economic sanctions on the government while simultaneously creating a shadow government, central bank, and economy for the puppet rebel leaders.
- Scare domestic populations until they’re okay with more war.
- Bypass any authority to commit tax money and troops for war.
- Drop billions of dollars in bombs by remote control destroying innocent life and infrastructure.
- Murder the former leader in cold blood if need be.
- Consolidate any and all resources into the hands of Western cartels.
- Fund these same cartels with more tax dollars to reconstruct the devastated war zone.
- Rinse and repeat.
The only difference lately is that “providing aid to terrorists” is no longer used as an excuse for war. Perhaps, this is because Israel and NATO, led by the U.S., are the only ones currently aiding terrorists, as they did to oust Gaddafi in Libya, and who they are now arming to instigate a civil war against Assad in Syria. They’re even openly funding terrorists in Iran to do the exact same thing. Furthermore, the FBI has proven to be the only provider of aid to supposed domestic U.S. terrorists.
But you, Activist Post readers, already know all this. But understand that WMD is not just any propaganda, it’s the “nuclear option” of propaganda. It’s the only way to claim these countries are a threat of any kind, because they have very little or no history of actually attacking the West. And they will keep beating this WMD war drum because it works.